Silent Echoes

Silent Echoes (Games of Zeus) - Aimee Laine

It’s no secret that I’m a fan of Ms Laine’s writing, and I’m certainly a big fan of the first book of the Games of Zeus series: Hide & Seek. To be honest, when I picked Silent Echoes up to read, I was somewhat concerned about it living up to the first book. Because Tripp Fox is pretty much my ultimate book boyfriend and has been for a while. However, I needn’t have worried, because Silent Echoes turned out to be everything I wanted it to be and then some. I would even go so far as to say Tripp almost had a replacement—almost (come on, this is Tripp!).

Yep, SE has a lot going for it, and I shall attempt to organise what I think that it in my words.

Strong MC’s. Check. Taylor is tough whilst being vulnerable, relatable, charming, and there were a good few moments where I wanted to be her (I’ll let you guess which ones). And Ian? Oh, yeah, baby. Bear with me whilst I ramble (coz I’m always all about the guys). We get an introduction to Ian in Hide & Seek, and he comes across as sarcastic, a little brash, maybe conceited but not in an unattractive way, and if he hangs around with Tripp Fox, then he has to be cool and hot (in my head, anyway). InHide & Seek, he was kinda Tripp’s witty sidekick. In Silent Echoes? Yeah, total role reversal, because Ian 100% holds his own in the spotlight.

Mystery and intrigue. Check. Yep, there is mystery throughout this book that unfolds slowly, with twists and turns, and the reader can’t help but trying to figure it out right up till the very end.

Thriller-ness. Check. Tying in with that mystery, there are a few moments of revelation that lead to excitement and action and keep the reader on the edge of their seat.

Romance. Massive check. That mystery and intrigue and thriller-ness I mentioned? Yep, the romance is all a-tangled up in every bit of that because the romance aspect of it is the biggest mystery of all … until everything becomes clear. And boy, does Ms Laine know how to write romance. She’ll have you swooning and mooning and sighing and … you get the picture.

Ian. What? He deserved another mention. :P

To wrap it up: Silent Echoes is a GREAT addition to this series and has left me mightily eager for more.