Storm by Brigid Kemmerer

Storm - Brigid Kemmerer

After reading Brigid Kemmerer’s Elemental and being left hanging with an absolute tonne of questions, I was really excited when I managed to acquire a copy of Storm.

In fact, I was so excited, I shunned all of my review reads and dove right into it the first chance I had.

So … did it live up to my expectations?

Ooooooooh, you betcha.

I started the book late Saturday night in bed and read the first 43 pages. Then the moment I woke Sunday morning, I dove right back in, and pretty much didn’t put the book down for the entire day until I announced to my (extremely patient) hubby that I’d finished.

So, why did it hold my attention so rapt?

Well, I imagine it had something to do with 5 cute guys, every single one of them with a unique personality.

The heroine, even, could have had a lot to do with it—because Becca is all kinds of kick-a$$ in her own right, with so much inner strength combined with vulnerabilities that only a rock would struggle to connect with her.

Or it could have had something to do with the easy flow to this author’s writing style that ensured getting swept along in her created world is an absolute breeze.

Then again, it could have been the fact that there was not a single lull in the storyline. Not one. Because even the parts that weren’t full of elemental-style action had just the right amount of pacing, with just the right kind of tone, with all the believable dialogue in the world (I tell you, there is a lot to be learned about pacing from reading this book. I don’t think I’ve ever before seen such consistency).

Or maybe, it’s a combination of all of the above.

Though, I must admit, that Chris did kind of steal the show for me.

Yes, Hunter was sweet and all, but he didn’t have that grouchy edge that I (rather twistedly) find so appealing in my male leads. And yeah, Gabriel is so obvious the bad boy with all of his instigations in any not quite legal deeds. And sure, Michael is so strong, and Nick is about as level-headed and cute as they come.

But none of them are Chris.

Because I fell pretty hard and fast for Chris. On which I only have one thing to say: Ms Kemmerer O_O how could you make me wait so long?

So, if you’re looking for a YA with believable characters, and an exciting plot, and action and hot guys galore, as well as a train-collision-type ohmygodhowdidinotseethatcoming twist right near the ending … then, yeah, Storm is definitely for you.

Check it out! Can’t WAIT for Fearless & Spark!