Neighbors

Neighbors - L.S. Murphy

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this title from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This has in no way affected my opinion of the book.

One of the first things I noticed about L.S. Murphy’s Neighbors was how fulfilling a story it was for only a novella; it didn’t read for a minute as something only 65 pages long.

Rena is a great MC. She’s a little feisty from the off, a no-nonsense kind of gal, but not without her vulnerabilities, self-uncertainties, and on top of that she has a caring attitude and a great personality.

Living on the other side of the hall is new neighbour Riker—a marine. With physical flaws that contribute to his personality flaws, he’s also extremely likeable from the off, with the way he hops from the moving van with the obvious intent of firing Rena up. And from thereon out, the attraction is—infuriatingly, for Rena—set in motion.

I really enjoyed watching the developments between these two. Especially Rena’s character development we got to see with regards to her drive and business and yearning to succeed, which is worthy of respect. And Riker’s softer side we see when he allows his tough façade to slip is what will have readers wanting him to find happiness.

As to whether or not either of these find happiness? Well, you’ll going to have to find that out for yourself. And as this book takes less than a couple hours to read, it’s a great lunchtime filler, which leaves you all with no excuse. So, if you’re looking for some decent company to spend your break with, you could do a lot worse than Rena and Riker and this heart warming tale. Grab it, read it, enjoy it.

That is all.