SPOILER ALERT!

Lover Awakened

Lover Awakened  - J.R. Ward

**WARNING: CONTAINS MINOR SPOILER**

I had to think long and hard about this one because I reached the end of the book and realised I felt pretty raw.

I was warned Z’s story was a heartbreaker. I was warned I’d fall in love with his character.

Admittedly, my lip had curled slightly at the screen as I scorned these people who tried to convince me of this insanity.

And now? Now I hold my head in shame and beg forgiveness because those folk spoke the truth.

At first, I thought it would be another woeful tale of one who’d been abused attempting to open themselves to loveand everything would be fine in the end.

Okay, it was a little like that but the roller coaster ride the poor guy was taken on by the author is what brought depth to Z’s tale and had me turning the pages at breakneck speed and yelling at my kids to fall over a little quieter because don’t they know I’m reading, dammit.

Z was 100% the driving force of this story. The more I read, the more I wanted to read, and the faster I read, the more frustrated I grew that I couldn’t go faster. The ups and downs–man, I just wanted to gather the poor guy into my arms and hug some life back into him. And then I was nearing the end and all looked lost and I actually thought Ward would do the nasty on me and leave me hanging with lack of resolution …. but she didn’t.

The ending was so damn heartfelt and tender, my tough exterior cracked, and I sat almost stunned … as well as greiving for having reached the end. Man, I could almost pick this one right back up again, go back to the beginning and follow this dude on his journey all over again.

I am offically converted! It is true! J.A. LOVES Z!

Cheers to J.R. Ward for an absolute cracking read