Promise

Promise (Debt Collector 7) - Susan Kaye Quinn

Okay, so I’ve made absolutely no secret about my love for all things Lirium. Never in my imaginings, when I picked up that first Debt Collector episode to check out Susan’s writing, did I expect to fall in love with this series the way that I have.

As for it being in instalments? Dude, I even love that! Because I love the little bite-sized pieces with get that fill in my reading gaps, and pump me with emotion (usually on Lirium’s behalf), and then leave me snorting at the gate to race off to Amazon the instant I see the next episode go live. It has been a long time since I’ve gotten this excited over a story (and, for those who don’t know, this is a self-published beauty, at that), and it’s been a long time since I have fallen so deeply in love with a character that my heart actually hurts for them.

And I have felt this way about Lirium from episode one. Each and every instalment of this series leave the poor baby somewhat emotionally scathed, and I feel for him every darn time. But this episode? Dayam, from the very first word, Promise tugged at my heartstrings, and I pretty much spent the entire read looking a lot like this>> :( <<and I still looked a lot like that when I reached the end. Promise is the most emotional read of this series so far—and that is definitely saying something because Ms Quinn has tortured the poor guy over and over again.

As usual, I’m not going to go specifying the plot of this one. I’m just going to assure you that this was another awesome addition, where the reader is allowed even deeper still into Lirium’s mind and emotions, characters from earlier on in the series make a VERY welcome return and add another layer to the plot that I’ve missed since they ceased to be around, and the reader is left wondering (once more) how anything can possibly be okay for Lirium ever again.

Loved it. You should read. Where’s my next fix?