Slave to Sensation

Slave to Sensation - Nalini Singh

I had a bit of a hard time trying to figure out what to rate this one. Did I enjoy it? Yes, for the most part.

To like:
Lucas – Grrrrooooooooowwwwwwl. Nuff said.
Sascha – the development in her character.
The pack – pack dynamics are a big part of why I love werewolf/shifter novels and this one didn’t disappoint.
The concept – it was certainly fresh and original when compared to anything I’ve read before.

What bugged me:
The concept – just as I really liked the concept, there were also times when it left me a little confused as to how it all worked and what was actually happening, but that could have been more to do with my lack of grasp than the descriptions because the concept was pretty complicated. This wasn’t bad enough for me to stop reading, however, and I still enjoyed the read in spite of this.
The pace – for the first 90% of the novel, the pacing was mostly okay, then just when the author should have been wrapping everything up nice and fast, the pace seemed to plummet, which kinda put a damper on what should have been an awesome ending.

That’s pretty much it. I’ll probably still read on to book 2 as soon as I have time.